Monitor Audio A10 AV12 & Denon AVR X2400H
£3,198.00 inc. VAT
The Apex A10 AV12 system comprises of four Apex 10 satellites, an Apex 40 centre channel speaker and an Apex AW12 subwoofer. This paired with an AVR X2400H creates a complete 5.1 home cinema system capable of amazing sound.
Monitor Audio A10 AV12 & Denon AVR X2400H Home Cinema Package
Monitor Audio A10 AV12
- A10 AV12: HiVe® II High Velocity reflex port
- A10: Magnetic Grilles; for the sleekest effect there are no visible fixings
- A40: 8″ C-CAM Driver with RST dimpled cone geometry for rigidity
- A40: Can be used vertically or horizontally, as a centre or surround channel
- AW12: 12v trigger input allows for auto-activation when using a compatible A/V receiver or processor
- AW12: Top-mounted control of volume and EQ are designed for easy setup and adjustment
- AW12: High efficiency switch mode power supply
The A10 AV12 is as capable with music as it is with home theatre sound, the beautifully bijou A10 punches like a heavyweight, expertly blending sky-wide high frequencies with a natural blast of delicious mid range detail coupled to a depth of bass that simply defies the A10’s svelte dimensions. Its rigid die-cast alloy cabinet, piano-lacquered to a polished perfection imparts a sense of superior quality, and when teamed with a matching A40 at the centre and the awesome AW-12 subwoofer, the A10 completes a surround sound system unrivalled in its ability to combine the essential force of music and film sound with the power of de-rigueur design in a single fabulous statement.
*Stands not included
The supremely versatile A40 can be used vertically or horizontally to provide electrifying audio realism characterised by soaring dynamics and low distortion. Equipped with twin Apex bass drivers, the A40 excels at low frequency depth and mid-band evenness over a wide listening area. It radiates with the full force of a single 200mm (8”) bass driver, but has the advantage of superior power handling and a wonderfully smooth audio consistency. What’s more, the single bolt fixings for its drivers give the longer A40 cabinet an especially rigid structure, banishing any hint of boxy colouration, especially from on-wall positions. The A40’s slender profile and glossy lacquer finishes make it a match for super-thin video displays: its beautifully engineered bracket not only allows for forward and backward adjustment to align the speaker with the front of the screen but also allows the A40 to tilt 22.5º upwards and downwards for optimum setup.
Perfect for high quality sound where space is at a premium, and captivating when teamed with the explosive AW-12 subwoofer in a 5.1 channel configuration, the A40 will deliver simply breathtaking audio.
The slam and depth component in the Apex line-up is the seismic AW-12 sub-woofer, a pocket-sized generator of free-falling bass notes as astounding in their quality and magnitude as the compact nature of their source. The AW-12 design is as concentrated as we can make it. Occupying a little over a cubic foot of living space, this 500W bass engine will compress the air in front of it with an unremitting efficiency, turning the drama of action scenes and precipitous musical transients into genuine physical pressure. The AW-12 is new from the ground-up, and teams the latest Class D amplifier technology with a proprietary 300mm (12”) long-throw C-CAM® driver in a sealed, lacquered, totally rigid 25mm (1”) MDF enclosure.
Its front-firing design and the top-mounted control of volume and EQ make it easy to position and tune for a seamless frequency blend with the satellites. There’s a 12V trigger for easy switching when using a compatible A/V receiver or processor, and twin analogue connections for the addition of another AW-12 should it ever be required.
Finished with side trims machined from solid aluminium and with a silky anodised lustre to complement the Apex satellites, the AW-12 is in every way sensational.
A10 AV12 – Specifications
- Frequency Response – 60Hz – 35kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1m) – 87dB
- Nominal Impedance – 8 Ohms
- Power Handling Single – (RMS) 100W
- Recommended Amp. Requirements – 25-100W
- Maximum SPL – 110.8dBA
- Bass Alignment Front ported – Bass reflex. HiVe®II port system
- Tweeter Crossover Frequency – 3.0kHz
- Drive Unit Complement: 1 x 140mm – (51/2”) RST® mid-bass driver
1 x 25mm (1”) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
- External Dimensions (H x W x D) – 250 x 140 x 140mm
- Weight (each) 3.95kg
- Frequency Response – 50Hz – 35kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1m) – 90dB
- Nominal Impedance – 8 Ohms
- Power Handling Single – (RMS) 200W
- Recommended Amp. Requirements – 50-200W
- Maximum SPL – 116.8dBA
- Bass Alignment Front ported – Bass reflex – twin front mounted HiVe®II ports
- Tweeter Crossover Frequency – 600Hz & 3.0KHz
- Drive Unit Complement: 2 x 140mm (51/2”) RST®cone mid-bass drivers
1 x 25mm (1”) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
- External Dimensions (H x W x D) – 610 x 140 x 100mm
- Weight (each) 6.85kg
- Low Frequency Limit – 27Hz (EQ1) 21Hz (EQ2)
- Upper Frequency Limit – 40 – 120Hz Variable
- Low Pass Filter – Active 4th order 24dB/ Octave (2 stage filter)
- Power Output – 500W RMS (1000W Peak)
- Cabinet Specification – 25mm construction and internal bracing. Sealed Cabinet.
- Amplifier Classification Class D amplifier
- Driver Complement – 1 x 12” C-CAM® sub woofer driver featuring triple suspension and long throw 3” voice coil
- Input Impedance – 20kOhms
- Mains Input Voltage – 110 – 120 Vac / 220 – 240 Vac 50/60Hz
- External Dimensions (H X W X D) – 340 x 340 x 410mm
- Weight (Each) 22.56kg
Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos. Dolby Atmos transports you into the story with moving audio that flows all around you with breathtaking realism. Enjoy a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 2 additional overhead speakers or 2 Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theatre experience – including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content. DTS:X™ immersive audio places sound where it would occur naturally in space, creating a lifelike, multi-dimensional audio experience in the home. The improved immersion and heightened realism draw you into the world of your favourite movies. The included spatial remapping engine, DTS Neural:X™, gives your movie, game and music collections a new lease on life! DTS:X brings the theatre home.
All eight HDMI inputs and two HDMI outputs feature HDCP 2.2 compatibility and the latest HDMI specifications, including 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Colour sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support. The AVRX2400H owns an advanced video processor to upscale existing lower resolution video from DVDs or other digital sources to true 4K. Thanks to the two HDMI outputs, you can even connect a TV and a projector in parallel. The AVRX2400H supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) video format. It is even ready for Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma; via future firmware update). Dolby Vision transforms the viewing experiences with astonishing brightness, contrast, and colour.
The AVRX2400H features the Audyssey MultEQ XT room acoustic measurement system. With the supplied microphone, it exactly analyses each speaker’s output to optimise each channel. With the additional Audyssey MultEQ Editor App (available for purchase), very advanced users can go even further “under the hood” if desired. The AVR’s DSP (Digital Sound Processor) chip features tremendous processing power with 4 300-MHz DSP cores that can process over 1 billion computations per second. With the AVRX2400H it’s possible to enjoy 5.1-channel surround in one room, while another ‘zone’ plays another source—such as CD or streaming audio.